[unixODBC-support] ODBC driver manager PATH

G, Hemanth Kumar Hemanth.G at Teradata.com
Sun Oct 18 15:41:34 BST 2009

Steve,

 Did you check for the driver manager libraries under /usr/local/lib  ?

Regards,
Hemanth.

-----Original Message-----
From: unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org
[mailto:unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org] On Behalf Of
Steve Cookson
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:43 PM
To: unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
Subject: [unixODBC-support] ODBC driver manager PATH

Hi All,

I'm new to Linux and trying to install ODBC for Firebird.  I have
downloaded the ODBC driver and put it into usr/lib.  I have installed
unixodbc using 'sudo apt-get install unixodbc' which works, then I try
to install Perl's DBD::ODBC and it fails.

The error message is long and convoluted, but asks for the path of the
ODBC driver manager.

I've tried searching the unixodbc site for file locations, but can't
find them, and my PC with same result.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong and how I might get DBD::ODBC to
install?

Thanks and regards

Steve