[unixODBC-support] ODBC driver manager PATH

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Sun Oct 18 14:12:54 BST 2009

Hi All,

I'm new to Linux and trying to install ODBC for Firebird.  I have downloaded
the ODBC driver and put it into usr/lib.  I have installed unixodbc using
'sudo apt-get install unixodbc' which works, then I try to install Perl's
DBD::ODBC and it fails.

The error message is long and convoluted, but asks for the path of the ODBC
driver manager.

I've tried searching the unixodbc site for file locations, but can't find
them, and my PC with same result.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong and how I might get DBD::ODBC to
install?

Thanks and regards

Steve