[unixODBC-support] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data sourcename not found, and no default driver specified

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Tue Oct 13 21:18:38 BST 2009

Ged Melia wrote:
> Hi Nick
>
> Thanks for your response (again!)
>
>> I normally suggest using strace to try and find if the app tries to
>> load the lib, if it does its found the entry in the ini file, and its
>> failing when loading the lib. If not then strace will show what ini
>> file was opened, which may not be the one that is expected.
>
> strace is one of those things that I tried prior to making my initial
> post. The only odbc.ini file I have on the filesystem is in /etc and
> this is the one which was opened and examined.
> The permissions of the file must be accurate as the comments I placed
> in the file were also visible in the strace.

Ok, did it then load the driver library?
>> There have been many people over the years who have seen that error
>> message, and AFAIK most have found resolutions.
> I suspect you are correct but, of all of the resolutions I noted on
> the numerous google searches, none of them resolved my issue.

Maybe not, but thats not entirly what you posted: "I saw this kind of
problem posted a number of times and each time there appears to be no
concrete resolution."

> I have to wonder if the 64bit installation has anything to do with it?
> Your first response even asked a question regarding lib64 which made
> me believe you were onto something (and that my initial thoughts may
> have some bearing).
I wanted to check that everything was 64 bit (or 32). If its finding the
correct ini file, the next thing to look at in the strace log is the