[unixODBC-support] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data sourcename not found, and no default driver specified

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Oct 13 17:44:21 BST 2009

Ged Melia wrote:
> Its been several weeks since I first posted this question but have yet
> to receive a solution to my problem.
>
> I saw this kind of problem posted a number of times and each time
> there appears to be no concrete resolution.

Well, that is partly because there is no single concrete cause of that
message. So not one resolution.

It can be caused by a number of things, normally it means the DSN name
looked for is not found in the odbc.ini file used, or the name is found
and the lib that the ini entry refers to does not exist, or can not be
loaded.

I normally suggest using strace to try and find if the app tries to load
the lib, if it does its found the entry in the ini file, and its failing
when loading the lib. If not then strace will show what ini file was
opened, which may not be the one that is expected.

There have been many people over the years who have seen that error
message, and AFAIK most have found resolutions.