[unixODBC-support] 2.2.14 build on slackware64-13.0

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu Oct 8 21:21:38 BST 2009

I signed up for the list and then solved my own problem waiting for the
confirmation email :)

In the 2.2.14/odbcinstQ4 directory, the moc-generated files were built
with moc 4.3.2, and the Makefile does not rebuild them with the system's
  local moc.   For a more modern Qt installation, this causes the build
of GUI components to fail (slackware64-13.0 installs with moc 4.5.1).

Solution for me was:

root at bit53:/usr/local/src/unixODBC-2.2.14/odbcinstQ4# mkdir save && ls
-1 mC*.cpp | xargs -i mv \{\} save
root at bit53:/usr/local/src/unixODBC-2.2.14/odbcinstQ4# ls -1 C*.h | moc

and then rebuilding from the top level directory.

If someone's on the dev list feel free to forward this on.  I'm too
lazy.  I think the Makefile should use the local moc to do this
automatically.

   Tom Lahti
   BIT LLC
   (425)251-0833 x 117