[unixODBC-support] UnixODBC+FreeTDS+MSSQL Server, reading fields truncated to 255 characters

Harris, Gregory S gsharris at ku.edu
Wed Oct 7 18:32:55 BST 2009

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response.  So there are no limitations on the number of
characters on a field returned by the unixODBC driver itself, there is
just the limit on the isql test program?  Hmm, maybe unixODBC isn't the
problem then.  I will look into the ruby-dbi and ruby-odbc drivers then.
I was just trying to use isql to troubleshoot the source of the problem,
whether it was unixODBC, freeTDS, ruby-odbc or ruby-dbi.

Thanks,
Greg