[unixODBC-support] Cannot find host with InterSystems Cache 5.0.20 driver

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Sun Oct 4 10:05:27 BST 2009

Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to use an InterSystems Cache 5.0.20 x86_64 driver with
> unixODBC.
>
> I believe I have the INI files configured correctly - I've tried two
> different driver configs (outlined below) with the exact same results.
>
> I've verified the unixodbc installation is working by testing a
> PostgreSQL installation, but when I try to connect to a Cache (4.1.3)
> server, using the exact same parameters as on a Windows VM running on
> the same host (which works), I get a "Host not found" error.
>
> Here is my odbcinst.ini:
I would check the driver is using the same odbc.ini, I don't know if
that driver uses unixOIDBC to read the ini or does its itself. Try
setting ODBCINI env variable to the location of the odbc.ini file you
are using. Also if you have it, check with strace what ini files are
being opened after the driver lib has been loaded.

Failing that, I would check with the driver writers, at that point
unixODBC has loaded the driver and its up to the driver to get the
values from the ini file.