[unixODBC-support] occasional exceptions

Chris Masiewicz cmasiewi at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 21:51:41 GMT 2009

I have an app that runs 24x7, querying a few databases every couple of minutes.  Occasionally, I get the exceptions listed below.

I'll add some code to generate a stack trace when these errors happen, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what would cause these exceptions on an intermittent basis?

Our DBs deny any database problems on their end.

I'm running 64 bit Ubuntu with unixODBC 2.2.11-16 and free tds 0.82.  The app is multi-threaded.

Thanks
Chris

Failed to connect to datasource: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

Failed to connect to datasource: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed

Failed to connect to datasource: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist