[unixODBC-support] Issue in adding system DSN

Srinivasan tsrini_it at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 17 12:16:58 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create system DSN in my C++ application (in linux) by linking 'libodbcinst.a' statically. Here is the syntax which I used to create the DSN,

SQLConfigDataSource(NULL, ODBC_ADD_SYS_DSN, "MySQL", "DSN=xxxxxx\0UID=xxxx\0PWD=xxxxx\0Description=xxxxxxx\0Database=xxxxxx\0Server=xxxx\0Port=xxxxxx\0\0");

While doing this, instead of creating the system DSN in /usr/local/etc/odbc..ini file, it creates user DSN in /root/.odbc.ini file (running my application as root user).

If the same code is linked with 'libodbcinst.so' file, it works & system DSN is created in /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini. Also, exporting the environment variable ODBCSYSINI in my application doesn't help.

Am I missing anything.

Regards,
Srini