[unixODBC-support] Use of the SQL_WCHART_CONVERT flag

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Mon Nov 2 13:37:57 GMT 2009

Neha Avasthy wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Need some information about the use of the SQL_WCHART_CONVERT flag in
> DM compilation.
> Can this be used on 64 bit platforms for UCS-16 support .  Appreciate
> if I can get details about
>
>    1. Use of this flag
>    2. How this can be used in porting
>
> Thanks
> -Neha
Hi,

The flag was added in the early days for some drivers that had the
option of being built with 4 byte SQL_WCHAR, it has no particular 64 bit
platform connection. It should only be used if the application and all
drivers used are expecting SQL_WCHAR to be 4 bytes in size. And only
then. So if you don't know you need to use it, I would guess you should
not set it.