[unixODBC-support] Cannot use unixODBC 2.2.14 with MySQL ODBC connector 5.1

Itachi Uchiha itachi8558 at yahoo.com.vn
Wed May 27 02:22:59 BST 2009

So it seems that I am not alone when dealing with this error. In fact I wonder is there anyone successful in using unixODBC 2.2.14 with MySQL ODBC Driver 5.1 yet?

@Ken: I did not include the socket information to the .ini file, and I was still able to connect them.
Here is my odbc.ini's content:

[MySQL_DSN]
Description        = MySQL Data Source Name
Driver        = MySQL_Driver
Server        =
Database        = my_database
Port        =
Socket        =
Option        =
Stmt        =

It's simple, isn't it? I guess that if we do not provide any value, the socket will has a default one, just like server and port.

However, you should know that we cannot use MySQL ODBC 5.1 with unixODBC 2.2.11 because they are not compatible with each other. To use MySQL ODBC 5.1 you will need unixODBC 2.2.12 or later.

@Nick: Yes, perhaps you're right. I should ask the MySQL folk too.

Best regards,

Itachi
--- Thứ 3, 26/05/09, Nick Gorham <nick.gorham at easysoft.com> đã viết: