[unixODBC-support] Cannot connect to SolidDB data source (SQLConnect fails, but isql works!!)

Ken Resander kresander at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 16:04:16 BST 2009

I had the same problem for DB2 Express on Ubuntu 8.10 some weeks ago when I tried to connect to the sample database SAMPLE.

The solution was to set the DSN to the name of the database, i.e. SAMPLE. It did not work when I set DSN to myDSN etc. I could not find anything about this in the IBM documentation and I cannot remember having to do it for DB2 on Windows a couple of years ago.

Here are the ini files:

/etc/odbcinst.ini
[DB2]
Description    = descr
Driver        = /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2.so
Driver64    =
Setup        =
Setup64        =
UsageCount    =
CPTimeout    =
CPReuse        =
Fileusage    = 1
Dontdlclose    = 1

/etc/odbc.ini
[SAMPLE]
Driver= DB2
Description = DB2 Database

Hope it works, but let me know if you find a way to use an arbitrary dsn.

Ken

      Get your new Email address!