[unixODBC-support] How to install unixODBC with GUI parts from source?

Villa Forlan villaforlan at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 12:17:44 BST 2009

Hi everyone, I am in trouble and I need your help.

I tried to install unixODBC 2.2.14 from source but I got some errors. After installing the package, I could not load the DataManager. Everytime I try to load this component, I get the error message: "DataManager: symbol lookup error: DataManager: undefined symbol: iniOpen"

Also, when I launched ODBCConfig it informed that it could not load the odbc.ini file located in /etc. After getting this "could not load" error, the GUI still appeared. However, its title was strange: it was "odbc data source administrator" instead of "odbc data source administrator" as in unixODBC 2.2.11.

Could you please tell me a step by step guide to install this version of unixODBC with its GUI parts?

Thanks in advance!