[unixODBC-support] Having problems with UnixODBC on AIX 5.3

Matthew Fansher mfansher at paloma.com
Tue May 19 15:15:34 BST 2009

Thanks Nick - you were correct. I've recompile everything as 32 bit and I'm getting farther. I can connect with "tsql". However I'm getting the following from my simple perl test script:

DBI connect('TEST','ccms',...) failed: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source (SQL-08001) at ./tds_test.pl line 4

My odbc.ini contains the following:
[ODBC Data Sources]
TEST=Microsoft SQL Server 2005

[TEST]
Driver=/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Server=172.16.5.43
User=my_user
Password=my_passwd
Description=DEV Test
Trace=yes
TraceFile=/tmp/odbc_trace.out
Servername=172.16.5.43
Database=CCMS
TDS_Version=8.0

Freetds.conf contains:

[TEST]
        host = 172.16.5.43
        port = 1433
        tds version = 8.0

and my perl script contains:

#!/opt/perl/bin/perl
use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:TEST",'my_user','my_passwd',{PrintError=>1,RaiseError=>1,LongTruncOK=>1});

die "Unable to connect to server $DBI::errstr" unless $dbh;

I know that the server IP, username, and password are correct (uses SQL Server authentication, not windows authentication).

Thanks again,

   -Matt