[unixODBC-support] Getting trace info

Ken Resander kresander at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 11:02:47 BST 2009

Sorry, bothering you again.

I added

[ODBC]
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log

to /etc/odbcinst.ini, but there was no tracing going to the /tmp directory.

I just remembered seeing a recent response to Jason Maitlen with instructions:
Turn on tracing in the driver manager and see whats different. In /etc/odbcinst.ini add a section

[ODBC]
Tracing = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log

This time the property name is Tracing. I tried that too, but there was still no tracing put to the log.

The instructions contains 'Turn on tracing in the driver manager'. If that is an additional step, how do I do that?

Ken

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!