[unixODBC-support] why does it not connect to Oracle Express?

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu May 14 09:27:09 BST 2009

Ken Resander wrote:

>I have DB2, MySQL, Mimer SQL and SQL Anywhere connect successfully via unixODBC on Ubuntu 8.10, but Oracle Express 10g is giving me a hard time.

Try using strace to see what files it opens to see if there are any libs
the oracle driver needs that are failing to load.

>It is hard for me to understand the unixodbc driver code. Is there any error information coming from the Oracle driver that may hint at a solution? Do you know if anyone has managed to connect to Oracle Express on Linux?

No, the driver manager failed to load and get a environment from the
drievr, so there is no way of querying the drive for its errors.

>I really don't want to give up on this, but...
>
>Ken
>
>P.S. when googling I found some posts containing unixODBC tracing code.
>How do I turn tracing ON?

in odbcinst.ini add a section

[ODBC]
Trace = Yes