[unixODBC-support] Connecing to Oracle Express

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri May 8 10:12:45 BST 2009

Ken Resander wrote:

>Thanks, that made a change.
>
>I added the lib path /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The error message changed when I ran my testprogram ls from the command line:
>
>ken at ken-desktop:~/projects/ls/bin/Debug$ ./ls
>Usage error: SQLConnect: dsn=oracledsn, user=dba, password=abcd
>1: st=IM004, nerr=0, msg=
>[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
>2: st=00000, nerr=0, msg=
>[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
> Press Return/Enter to continue
>
>Exit(0)

The alloc handle you do is between the driver manager and the app, the
one that fails is its analog that the driver manager does between itself
and the driver, but the DM can only do this at the SQLConnect, as untill
then the DM does not know which driver to connect to.

I think its loadedd the driver and now the driver is reporting problems,
so I would suggest its a question for the driver writers now.