[unixODBC-support] Conflicting types betweenpostgres andunixodbc

Raul Orduna rorduna at tracasa.es
Mon Mar 30 10:00:29 BST 2009

I had and error in the sed command. I fix the problem (one extra space in ...s//WITH...) and I finally build without errors. The first of all, thank you very much.

Now I try to test and now the error was that isql don't work. In the logs the error seems that the driver don't find other library of pgsql.
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5.1"

I check the privileges and I put the postgres lib directory in the path but the error is the same.

Any idea? With this driver is always necessary to intall a postgresql service??

(Note: In odbcinst.ini I deleted the setup line, because I don't find a similar file in the directory of the new driver)

Raúl

>Ok, go back a step, what is your goal?
>
>Summarizing:
>I have a dump of postgress data I must migrate to Oracle (a really complex project...really). The process must be iterative and repeatedly.
>
>For this objective I want to access from oracle to postgresql via heterogeneous services and odbc. This integration, theoretically simple, cause problems in both sides.
>
>The oracle part was consulted in support of oracle, but at this time there is not solution and they want to open a new bug.
>
>The odbc-postgres part runs independiently but not in conjunction with dg4odbc. It seems in your system this communication is ok. (SQLGetInfo fails...)
>
>I have freedom in choose odbc and postgresql(I have the data only) versions, but not oracle. I'm not an expert in odbc, neither postgresql and I don't know the interactions between drivers if conflicts arisen.
>
>Wich is the ideal environment and versions for this objective?
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Raúl
>____

Well, if the only unixODBC you have is 2.2.14, and you have this set in
the dg4odbc files, then just edit the source of the postgres drivers and
change all cases of WITH_UNIXODBC in the .c source to something not defined.

tar zxvf psqlodbc-08.03.0400.tar.gz
cd psqlodbc-08.03.0400
sed -i '/WITH_UNIXODBC/s//WITH_OLDUNIXODBC/' *.c
./configure --disable-unicode
make
make install