[unixODBC-support] ISQL Error on Connect to DB2

Ralph Hershkowitz/NYLIM Ralph_Hershkowitz at nylim.com
Fri Mar 27 20:26:42 GMT 2009

Thanks.  This worked!  Just curious when I downloaded unixODBC I didnt see
anywhere specified a 64 bit version?

Ralph Hershkowitz
DBA Manager
New York Life Investment Management
(973)-394-3352

             "Martin J. Evans"
             <martin.evans at eas
             ysoft.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Support for the unixODBC project
             unixodbc-support-         <unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.
             bounces at mailman.u         org>
             nixodbc.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/27/2009 04:09          Re: [unixODBC-support] ISQL Error
             PM                        on Connect to DB2

             Please respond to
              Support for the
             unixODBC project
             <unixodbc-support
             @mailman.unixodbc
                   .org>

Ralph Hershkowitz/NYLIM wrote:
> oracle at pnyorclux83:/usr/local/etc> isql -v NYL nylife xyz
> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
> '/opt/home1/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2.so' : ld.so.1: isql: fatal:
> /opt/home1/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

So I'd guess this is running on a 64bit machine? and given it is /opt -
possibly Solaris?

isql/unixODBC is built 32bit and your ODBC driver is 64bit - you cannot
mix. You need a 32bit isql/unixODBC and ODBC driver or a 64 bit
isql/unixODBC and ODBC driver - not one of each. Get/rebuild unixODBC
64bit and use your existing ODBC driver or get a 32bit DB2 driver and
keep existing unixODBC (I'd actually recommend the latter for now as I'm
guessing the next issue is going to be whether SQLLEN is the same size
in unixODBC and DB2 if you use the 64bit versions). Nick will be more up
to date than me on this and I'm sure he'll see this thread later.

Martin

> Ralph Hershkowitz
> DBA Manager
> New York Life Investment Management
> (973)-394-3352
>

>              "Martin J. Evans"

>              <martin.evans at eas

>              ysoft.com>
>              Sent by:                  Support for the unixODBC project

>              unixodbc-support-
<unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.
>              bounces at mailman.u         org>

>              nixodbc.org