[unixODBC-support] ISQL Error on Connect to DB2

Ralph Hershkowitz/NYLIM Ralph_Hershkowitz at nylim.com
Fri Mar 27 19:53:51 GMT 2009

oracle at pnyorclux83:/usr/local/etc> isql -v NYL nylife xyz
[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
'/opt/home1/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2.so' : ld.so.1: isql: fatal:
/opt/home1/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Ralph Hershkowitz
DBA Manager
New York Life Investment Management
(973)-394-3352

             "Martin J. Evans"
             <martin.evans at eas
             ysoft.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Support for the unixODBC project
             unixodbc-support-         <unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.
             bounces at mailman.u         org>
             nixodbc.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/27/2009 03:46          Re: [unixODBC-support] ISQL Error
             PM                        on Connect to DB2

             Please respond to
              Support for the
             unixODBC project
             <unixodbc-support
             @mailman.unixodbc
                   .org>

Ralph Hershkowitz/NYLIM wrote:
> I am able to connect to remote db NYL using db2connect however isql
doesn;t
> seem to work

You appear to have hijacked someone elses thread - please start a new
one in future.

> $ isql NYL nylife xyz
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

add a -v to that isql line and what does it output:

$ isql -v NYL nylife xyz

> oracle at pnyorclux83:/usr/local/etc> more odbcinst.ini
> [DB2]
> Description     = DB2 Driver
> Driver          = /opt/home1/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2.so
> FileUsage       = 1
> DontDLClose     = 1
>
> oracle at pnyorclux83:/usr/local/etc> more odbc.ini
> [NYL]
> Description     = Test to DB2
> Driver          = DB2
> Database        = NYL
>

> Any ideas?

On the face of it look ok but -v will tell us more.

Martin