[unixODBC-support] Conflicting types between postgres and unixodbc

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Mar 26 11:52:37 GMT 2009

Raul Orduna wrote:

>In order to install a new driver of postgres to access through ODBC I tried to build the driver but I can not make it because the next conflict arises:
>
>error in odbcapi30.c: 129 , conflicting types for SQLColAttribute
>
>The previous declaration was in /usr/local/include/sql.h (I think it is created with unixODBC intallation because the directory has references to it)
>
>Could you confirm that sql.h was introduced by unixODBC??

sql.h started with microsoft and we carried the naming over to unixODBC.
The problem is (I think) that the postgres code is written to deal with
how unixODBC was pre 2.2.14 where many of the defs and types were
brought into line. Search through the postgres code for WITH_UNIXODBC
ifdefs and delete the unixODBC side.