[unixODBC-support] Conflicting types between postgres and unixodbc

Raul Orduna rorduna at tracasa.es
Thu Mar 26 11:29:18 GMT 2009

In order to install a new driver of postgres to access through ODBC I tried to build the driver but I can not make it because the next conflict arises:

error in odbcapi30.c: 129 , conflicting types for SQLColAttribute

The previous declaration was in /usr/local/include/sql.h (I think it is created with unixODBC intallation because the directory has references to it)

Could you confirm that sql.h was introduced by unixODBC??

The references in this file are:

#if (ODBCVER >= 0x0300)
#define SQL_API_SQLCLOSECURSOR 1003
#define SQL_API_SQLCOLATTRIBUTE 6
#endif

#if (ODBCVER >= 0x0300)
SQLRETURN SQL_API SQLCloseCursor(SQLHSTMT StatementHandle);

SQLRETURN SQL_API SQLColAttribute(SQLHSTMT StatementHandle,
SQLUSMALLINT ColumnNumber, SQLUSMALLINT FieldIdentifier,
SQLPOINTER CharacterAttribute, SQLSMALLINT BufferLength,
SQLSMALLINT *StringLength, SQLLEN *NumericAttribute
/* spec says (SQLPOINTER) not (SQLEN*) - PAH */ );
/* Ms now say SQLLEN* http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/odbc/htm/dasdkodbcoverview_64bit.asp - NG */

#endif

Thank you very much,
Raúl