[unixODBC-support] Make error - Solaris 10

Randy W Magaw rmagaw at wlgore.com
Fri Jun 5 17:36:35 BST 2009

It appears dltest can't open the file ->

./dltest /apps/unixODBC64/lib/libodbc.so SQLAllocHandle
[dltest] ERROR dlopen: file not found

Thanks, Randy

Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org>
Sent by: unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org
06/05/2009 12:12 PM
Please respond to
Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org>

Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [unixODBC-support] Make error - Solaris 10

Randy W Magaw wrote:

> Thanks for the response,  2.2.14p-2 still gave the same make error,
> using 2.2.15pre resolved the make error.
>
> I'm trying to use Oracle's dg4odbc with FreeTDS driver to query
> SQLServer db's within Oracle.
>
> In trying to test the setup, dg4odbc is throwing an error.

It seems to be looking in /apps/unixODBC64/lib/libodbc.so and failing to
find SQLAllocHandle. Check the bit length of libodbc.so and the dg4odbc
binary.

You can check with

    dltest /apps/unixODBC64/lib/libodbc.so SQLAllocHandle

to see if it does have that symbol.