[unixODBC-support] Red Hat/MSSQL/PHP odbc_execute parameter binding problem...

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Jan 22 12:49:07 GMT 2009

Lorenz, Marcus wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>i have a problem with the odbc_exec function in PHP and i hope i have addressed the right component in the execution chain of this function for my problem. If not please let me know.
>
>First our environment:
>- Red Hat Enterprise Server 5.2
>- unixODBC (Version ? How can i get that)

odbcinst --version

>- FreeTDS stable version available at the 16.12.2008
>- MsSQL Server 2005 Enterprise 64Bit.
>- PHP ADO DB

You don't say if the platform is 64 or 32 bit. If its 64 bit I would
suspect a conflict between the php and driver manager view on the length
of SQLULEN the php ODBC support is broken in that area.

If its 32 bit I would suspect the driver, and the place to ask is on the
freetds lists.