[unixODBC-support] unixodbc oracle-driver

apolice at qq.com apolice at qq.com
Wed Jan 21 02:44:30 GMT 2009

Yes ,Maybe you are right.
After the bit problem resolved.A new case jump out .The env variable
what i set is :export LIBPATH ORACLE_HOME ODBCHOME ODBCINI PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH SQLPATH TNS_ADMIN
First i'd intraduce that i installed a instant client 11g of oracle
,And the Server is oracle 9i when use the sqlplus "sqlplus
user/passowrd@//192.168.9.110:1521/tt"
it worked well.
And my odbc.ini is :
[test]
Driver          = /usr/lib/instantclient_11_1/libsqora.so
Database                = //192.168.9.110:1521/tt
User            = user
Password                = passowrd
METADATA_ID             = 0
ENABLE_USER_CATALOG             = 1
ENABLE_SYNONYMS         = 1
UsageCount              = 1

but when try to "isql test -v " it errors:
  [S1000][unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12162: TNS:net service name
is incorrectly specified

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

  Any more i even tried "sqlplus user at tt" which was well.So i missed
the way where the problem is ?

On 1/20/09, Nick Gorham <nick.gorham at easysoft.com> wrote:
> w.h wrote:
>
>>thanks for yours suggestions ,And it's right my isql is 32 bit and the
>>driver is 64 bit so the problem occurs.And another problem was after
>>finished the unixODBC installation i forgot to extract the static library
>>dynamic lib which "ar -x lib........." .The problem ansered.
>>

> Good. Its not required to extract the .so from the .a though, the linker
> can load either at run time. Though it does vary with application, some
> are built to explicitly load odbc.so instead of libodbc.so.
>
> --
> Nick Gorham
> Easysoft Limited
> http://www.easysoft.com, http://www.unixODBC.org