[unixODBC-support] unixodbc oracle-driver

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Jan 19 11:39:07 GMT 2009

Edward Berwick wrote:

>Hi Nick,
>
>OK this is starting to make sense.
>
>the CMC and BO Server is running on a 32 bit machine.
>
>however the datbase with my reporting information (portland as per odbc.ini)
>is on a 64 bit machine. Which begs the questions is it a 64bit or 32 bit
>driver I need to install?
>
>i'll give that
>
>CC="xlc -q64"
>export CC
>
>a go.

I don't think it will help your problem. The word length of the server
isn't important if you are making a client server connection, what is
important is that the application, the driver manager and the driver are
all the same word length. But if they are not, the error from the loader
indicates thats the problem, not a seg fault as you are getting.