[unixODBC-support] unixodbc oracle-driver

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Jan 19 11:18:03 GMT 2009

w.h wrote:

>I was intended to install the unixodbc on my AIX 5.3 for the ORACLE 9i,but
>after i downloading the ORACLE driver of unixodbc from easysoft  it
>gave me the following errors:
>
>[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
>'/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.a' :    0509-022 Cannot load module
>/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.a.
>        0509-103   The module has an invalid magic number.
>
>My unixodbc version is 2.2.14 which had successfully installed ,and the
>driver is :
> odbc-oracle-3.2.17-aix50+-ppc64-ul64.
>
>There's a case that the lib and the driver in the path
>'/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/' is libesoracle.a not libesoracle.so,
>i don't does it ok ?Any friend have ideas,do help me !

I just had a look at this, you will ge tthat error if you have built
unixODBC as 32 bit, and are tring to load a 64 bit driver. As you have
installed a 64 bit driver, I assume you have built unixODBC 32 bit. It
will build this way if thats the default CC setting on your machine. We
build 64 by setting

CC="xlc -q64"
export CC

Before running the unixODBC ./configure