[unixODBC-support] unixodbc oracle-driver

w.h win.acc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 01:31:21 GMT 2009

Thanks Nick Gorham,And i checked my isql version just now and its right
2.2.14 ,
then i filed the lib libesoracle.a it show me this:

# file libesoracle.a
libesoracle.a: 64-bit XCOFF executable or object module not stripped

Such the problem pulzzed me two days and i've no idea.That's really Thank
you!

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> wrote:

> w.h wrote:
>
>  I was intended to install the unixodbc on my AIX 5.3 for the ORACLE 9i,
>> but after i downloading the ORACLE driver of unixodbc from easysoft  it
>> gave me the following errors:
>>   [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
>> '/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.a' :    0509-022 Cannot load module
>> /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.a.
>>        0509-103   The module has an invalid magic number.
>>
>> My unixodbc version is 2.2.14 which had successfully installed ,and the
>> driver is :
>>  odbc-oracle-3.2.17-aix50+-ppc64-ul64.
>>
>> There's a case that the lib and the driver in the path
>> '/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/' is libesoracle.a not libesoracle.so,
>> i don't does it ok ?Any friend have ideas,do help me !
>>

>> --
>> w.h
>>

> Hi,
>
> Thats odd, the best place for the question is support at easysoft.com, but
> anyway.
>
> What gave you that error? was it using the isql that came with the driver
> install? I guess not as you have 2.2.14?
>
> Can you do a file on the driver?
>
>   ile /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.a
>
> There should be no conflct between 2.2.14 and the driver, but I will check
> to see if something odd is going on.
>
> I have CC's this to support at easysoft.com, so they can add it to the
> tracking system.
>
> Thanks.