[unixODBC-support] unixODBC to run BO XI 3.1

Edward Berwick eberwick at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:59:58 GMT 2009

Thanks Nick,

first person who's given me any sort of direction at all in the last few
days so much appreciated.

I done as you said well not exactly but I think you may have had a few
format typo's in you email

you asked me to
dltest /home/eberwick/Desktop/bobje/mysql-odbc*/lib/libmyodbc5.so

This didn't work however this one came back OK.
[eberwick at moran lib]$ dltest
/home/eberwick/BO_3_1/bobje/mysql-odbc/lib/libmyodbc5.so
SUCCESS: Loaded /home/eberwick/BO_3_1/bobje/mysql-odbc/lib/libmyodbc5.so

Maybe I should show you the odbc.ini file (it's not pretty, I've been
fiddling with it now for a few days) - see below. That in *Bold *is the
original according to my BO documentation.

"I would first try and get MyODBC working using isql and the normal unixODBC
ini files /etc/odbc.ini and /etc/odbcinst.ini
It may be something as simple as the MyODBC driver failing to find its
client libs."

[root at moran bin]# isql -v BOE120_AUDIT
Segmentation fault

Any more help greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Ed

[ODBC Data Sources]
CRSQLServerWP=DataDirect 5.3 SQLServer Wire Protocol Driver
CRSybaseWP=DataDirect 5.3 Sybase Wire Protocol Driver
CRText=DataDirect 5.3 Text Driver
*BOE120_AUDIT=auditor*
default=portland
%SYBASEDSN%=DataDirect 5.3 Sybase Wire Protocol Driver
myodbc5-medialayers = MyODBC 5.1 Driver DSN

*[BOE120_AUDIT]
Driver=/home/eberwick/BO_3_1/bobje/mysql-odbc/lib/libmyodbc5-5.1.5.so
Description=auditor
SERVER=moran.anam.com
PORT=3306
USER=Administrator
Password=
Database=BOE120_AUDIT
OPTION=3
SOCKET=
Trace=off
stmt=SET CHARACTER SET utf8
*

#[myodbc5-MARS]
#Driver       = /usr/lib/libmyodbc5.so
#Description  = Connector/ODBC 5.1 Driver DSN
#SERVER = portland.anam.com
#PORT         = 6400
#USER         = eberwick
#Password     = monday!!
#Database     = MARS
#OPTION       = 0
#charset      = utf8
#SOCKET       = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

#[default]
#Driver=/home/eberwick/BO_3_1/bobje/mysql-odbc/lib/libmyodbc5.so
#Description=mars
#SERVER=portland.anam.com
#PORT=3306
#USER=root