[unixODBC-support] unixODBC to run BO XI 3.1

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Jan 15 14:42:11 GMT 2009

Edward Berwick wrote:

>I've been rying to get my unixODBC up and running for the last week.
>
>I'm following some Business Objects official documentation on how to install
>configure the unixODBC. Due to versioning etc. I'm, never gonna get an exact
>match between my work and that described step by step in the document.
>
>The first divergence from the process was when I was instructed to
>
># ./configure --prefix=/tmp/unixODBC --enable-gui=No
>
>I could not run this statement with the option "--enable-gui=No", likewise
>it did not work for "--enable-gui=Yes". I had to remove it altogether before
>being able to run the configure command. I don't know whether this will have
>much of a bearing further down the track (any obvious foobar's please let me
>know).

Ok, its because the gui parts have been moved to a seperate project, but
I think I will add the option back in for backwards compatibility.

I would first try and get MyODBC working using isql and the normal
unixODBC ini files /etc/odbc.ini and /etc/odbcinst.ini

It may be something as simple as the MyODBC driver failing to find its
client libs.

Try

dltest /home/eberwick/Desktop/bobje/mysql-odbc*/lib/libmyodbc5.so

To see if if can be loaded