[unixODBC-support] inputOutput parameter problem in calling stored Procedure

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Feb 16 10:34:30 GMT 2009

Bartolomeo Nicolotti wrote:

>As you can see from here:
>
>http://www.itjungle.com/mgo/mgo120503-story01.html
>
>the code I've written in mono should be ok. The link above is an example in
>visual basic .net on windows, I'm using mono on linux.

Ok, but the log shows a error coming back from the driver where one
should not occur, so I suggest the problem lies with the driver. All
unixODBC is doing at this point is passing the call from the app to the
driver.

Try executing the same call in isql.

{CALL GIANLUCA.Provacs( ? )}

it should fail to SQLExecute it, but if the driver is working as
expected, the SQLPrepare should succeed. It may be that your DB2 driver
requires the parameters to a SQLPrepare on a stored procedure to be
bound before calling prepare, but if it does, and the mono code only
binds after calling SQLPrepare then all you can do is change the code in
mono, or use a different driver.