[unixODBC-support] inputOutput parameter problem in calling stored Procedure

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Feb 16 10:18:33 GMT 2009

Bartolomeo Nicolotti wrote:

>[ODBC][11917][SQLPrepareW.c][126]
>		Entry:
>			Statement = 0x83df158
>			SQL = [{CALL GIANLUCA.Provacs( ? )}][length = 28]
>[ODBC][11917][SQLPrepareW.c][300]
>		Exit:[SQL_ERROR]
>		DIAG [42S02] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0204 - PROVACS
>in GIANLUCA di tipo *N non trovato.
>

>the error means that the prepare is searching a PROVACS without parameters
>
>As I've already said the CALL GIANLUCA.PROVACS('AA') works.
>
>The problem is with the question mark ? that doesn't seem to be recognized
>as a parameter. this is strange as from jdbc we use ? with no problem
>
>Do you know how can I use named parameters
>
>Many thanks
>
>Best regards

Ok, I would suggest that the problem lies with the DB2 driver then, I
can't tell from the log if mono has previously bound a parameter, but
normally it should be allowed to call SQLPrepare before binding the
parameters. It may be a restriction of the driver you have. I would
suggest asking IBM if this is a restriction of their driver.