[unixODBC-support] unixodbc sparc sun5.9 make error

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri Feb 13 16:32:40 GMT 2009

Greg Cornaire wrote:

>Driver Information:
>
>[dbcfs4]
>Description     = FS 4 ODBC Driver
>Driver          = /usr/local/lib/fs4odbc.a
>Setup           = /usr/local/lib/fs4odbcu.a
>FileUsage       = 1

>Greg Cornaire wrote:
>

>>Nick - I get the same error when I exit isql:
>>
>># ./isql ECIDBCFS eci eci
>>+---------------------------------------+
>>| Connected!                            |
>>|                                       |
>>| sql-statement                         |
>>| help [tablename]                      |
>>| quit                                  |
>>|                                       |
>>+---------------------------------------+
>>SQL> quit
>>Illegal instruction(coredump)
>>

>What driver are you using?

Still don't know what thats a driver for. Have you any other odbc apps
to try and see if it core dumps in that.

Try turning on odbc tracing, in odbcinst.ini add a entry

[ODBC]
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log

run again till the core dunp and have a look at the log. It may well be
a problem in the driver not unixODBC, it might be unixODBC but its hard
to tell. Can you run it under dbx to see where its seg faulting?