[unixODBC-support] No suitable driver" from JAVA programm running IBM JDK 1.4.2

Philippe Couas pcouas at infodev.fr
Fri Feb 13 07:24:06 GMT 2009

-----Message d'origine-----
De : unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org
[mailto:unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org] De la part de Nick
Gorham
Envoyé : jeudi 12 février 2009 14:12
À : Support for the unixODBC project
Objet : Re: [unixODBC-support] No suitable driver" from JAVA programm
running IBM JDK 1.4.2

Philippe Couas wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Could you precise "registered the bridge", it's into JDK 1.4.2 ?
>That's ok on same server when i use JDK 1.5 ?
>
>Regards
>Philippe

Well, given that I try and avoid java where possible, but the jdbc DM will
try and search though its loaded classes for one that is happy with the
jdbc:odbc prefix, if you are not finding one, then its becasue the java
version of the DM doesn't have that in it slist of classes. You may not be
explicitly loading the class, but if its in your exp directory, or generally
around the classpath in one case, but not the other it could explain whats
going on.

To quote Sun:

> The Bridge is used by opening a JDBC connection using a URL with the
> |odbc| subprotocol. See below for URL examples. Before a connection
> can be established, the bridge driver class,
> |sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver|, must either be added to the
> |java.lang.System| property named |jdbc.drivers|, or it must be
> explicitly loaded using the Java class loader. Explicit loading is
> done with the following line of code:
>
>    Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");

On JDK1.5 it's ok
#chemin java1.5

export PATH=/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/bin

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50

export
CLASSPATH=/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/lib/dt.jar:/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/lib/to
ols.jar

/opt/ibm/java2-i386-50/bin/java bridgetest.bridgetestb.class

echo $PATH

echo $CLASSPATH

[demo at rlinux tmp]$

With JDK1.4.2 it's bad
#chemin java1.4.2

export PATH=/opt/IBMJava2-142/bin

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-142

export
CLASSPATH=/opt/IBMJava2-142/lib/dt.jar:/opt/IBMJava2-142/lib/tools.jar
/opt/IBMJava2-142/bin/java bridgetest.bridgetestb.class

echo $PATH

echo $CLASSPATH

Regards
Philippe