[unixODBC-support] unixodbc sparc sun5.9 make error

Greg Cornaire gcornair at independenthealth.com
Thu Feb 12 22:04:29 GMT 2009

Nick - I get the same error when I exit isql:

# ./isql ECIDBCFS eci eci
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> quit
Illegal instruction(coredump)

Greg Cornaire wrote:

>Hmmnn.  It shouldn't have had a problem finding it:
>
>whereis ar
>ar: /usr/bin/ar /usr/include/ar.h /usr/ccs/bin/ar
>
>Anway, these libs are in the /tmp install directory.  I ran "ar" on .libs/libodbcextraslc.a but the other two are not archives.  Do they have to be converted?  Can these libs just be moved to the Manager lib directory?
>
>Thanks.

I would add /usr/ccs/bin to teh end of your path, run configure again,
and do another make. It should do what it needed itself.