[unixODBC-support] No suitable driver" from JAVA programm running IBM JDK 1.4.2

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Feb 12 13:12:22 GMT 2009

Philippe Couas wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Could you precise "registered the bridge", it's into JDK 1.4.2 ?
>That's ok on same server when i use JDK 1.5 ?
>
>Regards
>Philippe

Well, given that I try and avoid java where possible, but the jdbc DM
will try and search though its loaded classes for one that is happy with
the jdbc:odbc prefix, if you are not finding one, then its becasue the
java version of the DM doesn't have that in it slist of classes. You may
not be explicitly loading the class, but if its in your exp directory,
or generally around the classpath in one case, but not the other it
could explain whats going on.

To quote Sun: