[unixODBC-support] No suitable driver" from JAVA programm running IBM JDK 1.4.2

Philippe Couas pcouas at infodev.fr
Thu Feb 12 08:08:38 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have error message "No suitable driver" from my Java Program
Message come from line  con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:AGI","COO","");

On my Linux test server
- I have installed UNIXODBC to connect my THOROUBRED DATABASE wit JAVA.
- isql is running and i could acces to my database.
- I need for some AIX5.1 server to use JDK1.4.2 and not JDK 1.5.
- I have installed too an IBM JDK 1.5 on same server, and with same program
it's ok ! so problem is only with IBM JDK 1.4.2

Regards
Philippe