[unixODBC-support] unixodbc sparc sun5.9 make error

Greg Cornaire gcornair at independenthealth.com
Tue Feb 10 16:44:22 GMT 2009

Hmmnn.  It shouldn't have had a problem finding it:

whereis ar
ar: /usr/bin/ar /usr/include/ar.h /usr/ccs/bin/ar

Anway, these libs are in the /tmp install directory.  I ran "ar" on .libs/libodbcextraslc.a but the other two are not archives.  Do they have to be converted?  Can these libs just be moved to the Manager lib directory?

Thanks.

>>> Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:08 AM >>>
w.h wrote:
> That's really thanks it goes well.How did you know the case is the ar
> ?I think you'l give me more! Expecting you experience,thank you!

I have seen it before. The configure tried to find a location for ar,
but failed, and ended up with false, then tried

false cru .libs/libodbcextraslc.a .libs/strcasecmp.o .libs/snprintf.o

instead of

/path/to/ar cru .libs/libodbcextraslc.a .libs/strcasecmp.o .libs/snprintf.o