[unixODBC-support] Error in PHP mode: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source, SQL state S1000

Gérard Maulino gerard at dkeystone.com
Tue Feb 3 08:53:26 GMT 2009

Thanks for your reply Nick,

So by looking for Freetds issues on google I found something which suggested
to add the environment variables in the PHP script. So I added the following
lines at the top of the page:

  putenv("FREETDSCONF=/usr/local/etc/freetds.conf");
  putenv("ODBCSYSINI=/usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini");
  putenv("ODBCINI=/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini");

And now the connection (odbc_connect()) is still failing but the httpd error
is a little different:

PHP Warning:  odbc_connect() [<a
href='function.odbc-connect'>function.odbc-connect</a>]: SQL error:
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver
specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in
/usr/local/SalomeTMF/DK/DK_Fogbugz.php on line 17

If I 'su apache' and run isql in command line that works.
Any idea?

Thanks,

Gerard