[unixODBC-support] how to connect to oracle xe?

GianLuca Sarto glsarto at tiscali.it
Mon Dec 28 09:59:29 GMT 2009

Hello All,

I was ready to leave my XP Desktop and move it to Ubuntu Karmic, when I
realized that I never tried my OpenOffice Base queries on Linux.

I installed the Oracle Instant Client Basic and Odbc, and it works, i.e.
I can connect to our Oracle XE database with SqlPlus.

However, no matter how I googled, I wasn't able to find a tutorial or
how-to setup the Oracle driver with UnixOdbc.

I did find that Easysoft has commercial solutions for this issue, but I
can't afford 1500 euro: I'd rather keep my XP desktop... :-(

thanks for your time,
-GianLuca