[unixODBC-support] odbc.ini file got truncated

Tamanna er_tamanna at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 08:41:22 GMT 2009

Hi Nick

The release notes I had copied earlier on this thread were taken from a site
(site link : http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=310102
) and these are unixodbc-2.2.11 release notes . As told earlier also, I am
using unixodbc-2.2.11-2 and not unixodbc-2.2.11. The source code for
unixodbc-2.2.11-2 , that I have, has a file named unixODBC.spec which has
all the changelog. But this file don't have any mention for "Fix problem
where ini files could be truncated under heavy load".

I don't know if the problem occur under heavy load or not. I just saw an
empty /etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini file . But nobody had touched that file. So I
am assuming that this was done by odbc only when file handle limit was
reached.

I am using psqlodbc-08.03.0200-nx2 driver and it does use libodbcinst .

One more thing, I am assuming that unixodbc-2.2.11-2 is higher version than
unixodbc-2.2.11 . So all the fixes in unixodbc-2.2.11 should also be
available in  unixodbc-2.2.11-2. Please let me know if thats not the case

Thanks...
Tamanna