[unixODBC-support] problem using odbc for db2

sunny_helo sunny_helo at 163.com
Wed Aug 12 05:29:49 BST 2009

Hi Nick,
Sorry to bother you again. Let me describe my installation step:
1. I install DB2_ESE_V9.103_PPC on the pseries computer
2. I install unixodbc by the following steps:

./configure --enable-gui=no --prefix=/usr/local/unixodbc

./make

./make install

3. I config the php as follows

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php/ --with-ldap --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-unixODBC=/usr/local/programs/unixODBC

make

make install

4. run "odbc_config --odbcini --odbcinstini --lib-prefix" to get the location of configuration and lib files
5. config the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini as follows
in odbc.ini file:
[BVDB]
Description = Test to db2
Driver = DB2
in odbcinst.ini file:
[DB2]
Desciption = driver for db2
Driver = /usr/local/odbcunix/lib/libdb2.so
FileUsage = 1
DontDLClose = 1
6. copy the libdb2.so files to the place specified by "odbc_config --lib-prefix" command
7. In my computer I use isql command:
isql bvdb user password
it works
but on the server I user the same command it just cannot work and returns  "ERROR: could not SQLConnect". Could you tell me if there's anything wrong with the installation steps above?

ÔÚ2009-08-11£¬"Nick Gorham" <nick.gorham at easysoft.com> дµÀ£º