[unixODBC-support] problem using odbc for db2
sunny_helo at 163.com
Wed Aug 12 05:29:49 BST 2009
Sorry to bother you again. Let me describe my installation step:
1. I install DB2_ESE_V9.103_PPC on the pseries computer
2. I install unixodbc by the following steps:
./configure --enable-gui=no --prefix=/usr/local/unixodbc
3. I config the php as follows
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php/ --with-ldap --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-unixODBC=/usr/local/programs/unixODBC
4. run "odbc_config --odbcini --odbcinstini --lib-prefix" to get the location of configuration and lib files
5. config the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini as follows
in odbc.ini file:
Description = Test to db2
Driver = DB2
in odbcinst.ini file:
Desciption = driver for db2
Driver = /usr/local/odbcunix/lib/libdb2.so
FileUsage = 1
DontDLClose = 1
6. copy the libdb2.so files to the place specified by "odbc_config --lib-prefix" command
7. In my computer I use isql command:
isql bvdb user password
but on the server I user the same command it just cannot work and returns "ERROR: could not SQLConnect". Could you tell me if there's anything wrong with the installation steps above?
ÔÚ2009-08-11£¬"Nick Gorham" <nick.gorham at easysoft.com> Ð´µÀ£º
>> Dear Madam/Sir,
>> I encountered a problem today when I installing unixodbc and RHEL5 IBM
>> pseries Server.The DB2 version is DB2_V9.103_ESE_PPC.
>> However, when I installed DB2_V9.103_ESE_i386 and unixodbc on my
>> computer, it works well.
>> So can unixodbc support DB2_V9.103_ESE_PPC on PowerPC server well? Is
>> there any solution for such kind of issues?
>> I'll be grateful if you can answer me these questions and thank you
>> for your patience to read my letter.
>> Best Regards,
>> Bin Sun
>It should be fine, exactly what problem do you find?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unixODBC-support