[unixODBC-support] unixODBC with DB2 64bit Driver on AIX 5.3

billmon bkehoe at expressor-software.com
Thu Apr 30 19:53:14 BST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to establish connectivity between an application using the latest
unixODBC source and I keep hitting the following error:

   [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC
failed

I am able to successfully use the very same DB2 driver for the same
application when the application is directly linked to libdb2.a (using DB2's
sqlcli includes).

Does anyone know whether this v9.5 fixpak 3b DB2 driver for ODBC/CLI works
with unixODBC?

Here are the details:

OS:            AIX 5.3

DB2 Client:  "IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC and CLI (English only)"
                 from:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&uid=swg21288065
                 tar file: v9.5fp3b_aix64_odbc_cli.tar.gz
                 At the time of this post, this was the latest fixpak for
AIX64 DB2 ODBC/CLI

unixODBC:   unixODBC-2.2.15pre  Built from source following README.AIX
instructions
                 src data 3/26/2009

Database:   DB2 v9.5 Express-C version running on Windows XP Pro/SP2

Note:  I have followed the IBM-provide instructions for extracting the
db2_64.o module from libdb2.a described here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.apdv.cli.doc/doc/t0010406.htm