[unixODBC-support] Errors with integration between Oracle and PostgreSQL, changing machines

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri Apr 17 10:26:14 BST 2009

Raul Orduna wrote:

>But I don't understand. Each connection (old and news) needs a dg4odbc gateway that is virtually the same except the SID and name (file is copied and edited).
>
>The same operation of "copy and edit" was made over listener.ora and tnsnames.ora (tnsping runs!).
>
>The former connection runs fine, but the others fail. (and the ODBCINI is the same).
>
>I will try with Oracle... sight
>
>Raúl
>

>Looks to me as if whatever driver you are using is failing to find the
>ini file, try setting ODBCINI=/path/to/odbc.ini in the oracle conmfig
>file where the env is set.

I don't know what database that other driver is going to, so I can't say
if it works in the same way, or uses unixODBC to read the config files.

If it helpes, I can send you a dg4odbc trace from the machine here
running the 64 bit version of the driver and working just fine if that
helps you push Oracle.