[unixODBC-support] Connecting to MS SQL Server from Mac OS 10.5.6

lists at mgreg.com lists at mgreg.com
Fri Apr 10 14:14:41 BST 2009

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused as to how exactly to use unixODBC.  Basically, I've
got it installed (sans GUI) on Mac OS 10.5.6 Intel.  What I can't
figure out is how to acquire and install drivers for MS SQL Server.
Do they exist natively?  I see that the JDBC drivers exist freely (on
the Microsoft site), but are there no economical (i.e. free) ODBC
counterparts anywhere?

I also see conflicting documentation regarding whether or not unixODBC
ships with or without ODBC drivers and the actual capacity in which it
is to actually serve.  Can someone shed some light (in 10 words or
less) on how to use unixODBC to connect to an MS SQL Server?

Best,
Michael