[unixODBC-support] Can't Get isql to Work

Jason Maitlen Jason.Maitlen at OntarioSystems.com
Tue Apr 7 17:35:40 BST 2009

Nick wrote:
> Well, the error you are getting makes me think the app is using unixODBC
> to find the driver, but then eitehr the driver can't read the ini file,
> or it is reading the file and doesnt like what it finds.
>
> Try setting ODBCINI
>
> export ODBC=/path/to/your/odbc.ini
>
> then try isql.

That's it!

export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini got it working.

I can now successfully connect to the previously working DSN and am getting the same error that PHP was returning for my new DSN. The error I'm getting with that is:

  [S1000][unixODBC][Caché ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 499]
  [CacheODBC.so]
  UNKNOWN MSG
  [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I believe this is a database specific or driver specific error and not an issue with isql since I get it in both PHP and isql. Thanks for getting me going on isql!

-- Jason Maitlen

Attention: This message and all attachments are private and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged. If you received this
message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete
the message immediately.