[unixODBC-support] Can't Get isql to Work

Jason Maitlen Jason.Maitlen at OntarioSystems.com
Tue Apr 7 16:56:51 BST 2009

Nick wrote:
> Is the host of 0.0.0.0 intentional ?
>
> If it is, also check if you are reading the same odbc,ini that PHP was.

It was set like that by my predecessor and I've left it alone since it seems to be working.

I'm not sure how to check that it's using the same odbc.ini file, but I believe it is because when I change the name of the DSN it:
  * breaks the PHP script
  * from isql I get "[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified" instead of "[S1000][unixODBC][Caché ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 11001] [CacheODBC.so]" which implies to me the Caché driver is being called.

If this helps you understand how PHP is configured, here's the odbc info from my phpinfo():

In the Configure Command section I see the following relevant flags:
  * --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr
  * --without-odbc
  * --without-unixODBC

In the additional .ini files parsed I see:
  * /etc/php.d/odbc.ini (I checked the contents of this file and it is a comment and "extension=odbc.so")

In the odbc section I see:
ODBC Support	            enabled
-----------------------  --------------
Active Persistent Links  0
Active Links             0
ODBC library             unixODBC
ODBC_INCLUDE             -I/usr/include
ODBC_LFLAGS              -L/usr/lib
ODBC_LIBS                -lodbc

Followed by some odbc.* directives that seem to be irrelevant

-- Jason Maitlen

Attention: This message and all attachments are private and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged. If you received this
message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete
the message immediately.