[unixODBC-support] performance issue on db2

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Apr 1 09:53:48 BST 2009

Ralph Hershkowitz/NYLIM wrote:

>Driver is setup and working however I noticed that when I query a db2 table
>from oracle the entire table is shipped across to oracle.  Any way to get
>db2 to perform the query on its end?  Thanks.
>
>Ralph Hershkowitz
>DBA Manager
>New York Life Investment Management
>(973)-394-3352

Its all down to Quacle, but you might be able to create some views and
query those if it helps. Also there are some procedures that you can use
in oracle to get closer control of what Oracle is doing to the back edn
server.

For example:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14232/majfeat.htm#sthref84