[unixODBC-support] DSN=... notation not accepted

Andreas Buschka kontakt at andreas-buschka.de
Thu Oct 30 21:35:05 GMT 2008

Hello Nick,

I also tried changing a character to a high Unicode value like "ê" and could show (by looking at the len counter) that Oracle indeed sends UTF-8, not ANSI. Having reviewed how other ODBC stacks like iODBC or Win32 handle this (they also expect UTF-16), I have come to the conclusion that Oracle is wrong on this one, so I opened a service request there and will see if I can convince them.

Is there any way to work around that problem, e.g. making unixODBC accept UTF8 strings from client applications? I looked at the source code, but my C knowledge is too limited to do it on my own :-/

Another idea: Can I compile unixODBC without any Unicode support at all? Maybe this could force Oracle to send only ANSI, thereby creating a workaround for the time being.

Greetings,
Andreas