[unixODBC-support] DSN=... notation not accepted

Andreas Buschka kontakt at andreas-buschka.de
Thu Oct 30 09:27:56 GMT 2008

Hello Nick,

thank you very much for your fast response. You are right, I sent the wrong logfile.

I re-ran the test with a "real" connection from Oracle/HS to unixODBC. Here are the results from the unixODBC trace file:

[ODBC][9196][SQLDriverConnectW.c][246]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x9fcb790
                        Window Hdl = (nil)
                        Str In = [DNDEP2UDOBTPD******][length = 38]
                        Str Out = 0x9fcabac
                        Str Out Max = 1024
                        Str Out Ptr = 0xbf847a90
                        Completion = 0
The strange thing here is the Str In. unixODBC obviously received 38 bytes, however, only 19 are printed, exactly the half it it. This fits: Only every second charcter of my connection string is shown here (I replaced the password characters with asteriks). It seems that Oracle is sending UTF-8, and unixODBC expects UTF-16, or vice versa. Is this a bug in Oracle or unixODBC? Are there any configuration settings in unixODBC where I can make unixODBC understand the connection string correctly?

--
Viele Grüße
Andreas Buschka